Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
HR - Mandatory Employee Training
The mandatory training process provides automatic notification of required training as well as a query that can be run anytime to see the status of individual's training requirements.
- Due to processing time, any individual who enrolls or completes their course after 9:00 pm will be recorded as the following day.
- If an employee has a pay status of inactive, they will not receive notification until after their pay status returns to active (ie leave of absence)
Mandatory Employee Training Courses
Information Security - annual required training
Title IX - required training every three years
Mandated Reporter - required training once after institution process is in place
Mandatory Employee Training Email Process
Do not manually send emails to employee's to complete the courses, it will cause issues with tracking results.
Emails are automatically sent to an employee's preferred business email address in HRS:
NOTE: Completion deadline is 30 days from notification date.
- Notification email: upon hire or completion is required based upon previous completion.
- Reminder email one: 14 days prior to identified completion date (if not complete)
- Reminder email two: 7 days prior to identified completion date (if not complete)
Mandatory Employee Training Query
- Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
- Enter the report title in the search field: UW_HR_MAND_TRAIN_STATUS
- Select either HTML or Excel as the report output.
- Enter any or all search criteria to limit results, or leave blank to return all results.
NOTE: The courses used to load historical training results (called Historic) will appear as an option in the course dropdown but no results will appear on the query output.
- Click View Results.
- Tracking is by Empl ID, if an employee has multiple empl record numbers that match the search
criteria their information will be listed multiple times.
For example: Employee has 2 part time jobs at UWSA, one on empl record 0 and one on empl record 1, the search results for UWSA will show the employee listed 6 times, twice each for each course.
- Status Dates:
Notified Date - date email was sent to employee
Enrolled Date - date the employee enrolled in the course using the link sent in the email, unless after 9:00 pm.
Completed Date - date the course was marked complete in Canvas, unless after 9:00 pm.
- Days Since Notification - number of days that have passed since the notification email was sent
- Days to Complete - number of days that passed between notification and completion date, will remain zero until completion has been recorded.