Topics Map > PD LEARNING PATH > PY Learning Path
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Payroll (PY)
PY - Additional Pay Mass Upload Process
This document describes the process to mass upload additional pay records to the Workflow Addl Pay Create page. All additional pay/lump sum records must be entered or uploaded to the Workflow Addl Pay Create page so they can go through the approval process. Addl pay records need to be uploaded using the provided template.
- The security role needed for this functionality is UW_UNV_PY_MASS_ADDL_PAY
- The person who mass uploads the additional pay file will be recorded as the "enterer" on the additional pay record of each employee on the file. You cannot approve a record that you entered.
- It is strongly recommended that additional pay records are uploaded and fully approved before the paysheet create of the payroll on which the payment should be made.
1. Enter the information for each additional pay record you want to upload on the Additional Pay Mass Upload template in the correct format:
- NOTE: If all records on your upload file loaded successfully, there will not be a .xls spreadsheet in the View Log/Trace
- NOTE: There are a number of edits built into the Workflow Addl Pay Create page
that prevent incorrect data being added to that page. These edits are also invoked during the mass upload process, so records may error out of the mass upload if a record fails one of the page edits. Please see KB PY - Enter Additional Pay for more information on the kinds of records that can not be added to the Workflow Addl Pay Create Page