Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Payroll (PY)
PY - Benefit Refund Off-Cycle
When an employee does not have a correct deduction taken from his or her check and can't wait until the next on-cycle payroll you can request a benefit refund off-cycle. This should only be done in a case of hardship.
- On-cycle refunds should always be done if the employee can wait until the next payroll is processed. To do a benefit refund on-cycle see KB # BN - Creating a Payline Adjustment . This DOES NOT apply to TSA or WDC deductions. They must be done off-cycle as the file created doesn't process negative amounts (refunds) on-cycle.
- Only UWSS Service Operations staff has access to the Benefit Refund Form therefore you will send a request to your AG Team to initiate a refund.
- Benefit refunds will follow the same guidelines as other off-cycle processing.
- Requests must be received by noon Tuesday to be processed on Wednesday.
- Send an email to your AG Team. Please include the following information.
- Name of employee
- Empl ID of employee
- Benefit code
- Amount of refund
- Pay Run the error occurred on
Warning! Watch for any benefits retro that may be created on-cycle so a duplicate refund isn't done.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESRelated KBs: