Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - Benefits Billing Setting Up Manual Charges
This procedure explains how to create manual charges for an employee in benefits billing. You will use the Manual Charge function in HRS when an invoice needs to be created immediately and you cannot wait for the monthly benefit billing statement process. You cannot create manual charges for a future benefits billing period.
- Benefits Billing needs to be setup for employees who fall under one of the following conditions:
- Employee or department notifies their benefits administrator of a pending leave and has submitted the LOA Checklist.
- Employee has insufficient earnings to cover benefit premiums.
- Prepay was not taken correctly for short work break.
- Employee was laid off and elected to use sick leave credit to continue their state group health.
- Employee missed premium deduction due to termination/retirement.
- Once monthly the benefits billing statements are produced and mailed by the UWSS Benefits Team, payments are due by the 10th of the following month.
- If payment is not received by the end of the following month, the insurance(s) will be cancelled.
BENEFITS BILLING ELIGIBLE PLANS:
State Group Health
1D Preventive Dental 2A Accident Insurance 2M State Group Life - Basic 2N State Group Life - Supplemental 2O State Group Life - Additional 2P State Group Life - Spouse/Dependent 2Q Individual and Family Life - Employee 2R Individual and Family Life - Spouse/Domestic Partner 2S Individual and Family Life - Children 2T UW Employees, Inc Life 2U University Insurance Association 2V Accidental Death & Dismemberment 3Y Income Continuation Insurance - Early 3Z Income Continuation Insurance AX Not Sufficient Fund Fee
ENROLLMENT EFFECTIVE DATE CHART:
3. Verify benefit premiums by either using the Review Paycheck screen in HRS or the Review Paycheck Query UW_BN_REVIEW_PAYCHECK_PUB in HRS. You may also refer to the Benefits Premiums table.
a. Navigate to: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck
b. Navigate to: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
Note: If the employee is making changes to their insurance coverage levels, you will need to adjust the premiums accordingly when creating the manual charge. Please keep in mind the annual premium changes January 1st (i.e 2001 billing period), the ICI premium changes February 1st (i.e. 2002 billing period), and SGL premium changes April 1st (i.e. 2003 billing period).4.Enter the manual charge in the Enter Manual Charges screen in HRS after verifying the premium to be collected. Navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Calculate and Review Charges > Enter Manual Charge.
5. You will need to fill in all the highlighted fields and click on the Save and Add Next button. You may create as many manual charge lines as necessary.
Note: The Date Due and Date Overdue automatically fill based on the Billing Period used. Since the charge is being set up late, you will want to manually adjust the dates to the 10th & 11th of the month following.
6. Review the Review Employee Balances screen in HRS to verify the manual charges were set up correctly. Navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Manage Acct Status and Balances > Review Employee Balances
7. After all charges have been manually added, print and distribute the invoice. Refer to KB BN - Printing a Manual Benefits Billing Invoice
- BN - Benefits Billing Enrollment
- BN - Printing a Manual Benefits Billing Invoice
- BN - Current Benefit Summary
- BN - Review Benefit Enrollments
- BN - Benefits Billing Charge and Payment Review
- BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid
- BN - Reviewing Arrears Balances
- BN - Review Paycheck Query