Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
HR - Department Chair Jobs
Employees can be appointed to many different types of jobs throughout a career. This document will detail the steps how a person is entered in HRS with a Department Chair job (Z97NN).
- This document applies to all campuses EXCEPT UW-Madison
- UW-Madison should refer to documentation intended for their campus.
- It is only appropriate to create this zero dollar job for an employee with an existing faculty jo
A. Identify/Create the Position
1. Follow navigation path Organizational Development> Position Management> Maintain Positions/Budgets> Add/Update Position Info
2. Job Code: Z97NN
3. Pay Basis = No Pay Basis
4. Continuity will vary based on your campus' rules for Department Chairs; HR - Continuity Status Overview
B. Review UW Multiple Jobs Summary
1. Using the UW Multiple Jobs Summary page, determine if a terminated Empl Rcd can be reused; see HR - View UW Multiple Jobs Summary for an Employee
- If so, process as a Rehire; see HR - Rehiring an Employee
- If you cannot process a rehire from an inactive / terminated Empl Rcd, you will need to use Add New Employment Instance; see HR - Add Employment Instance (Non-Madison)
- This secondary job hired is a concurrent job
C. Adjust Compensation as Needed
1. Compensation for faculty serving as a Department Chair must be added to the Employee's regular base on the 'Primary Job' for the duration of the job
- Action = Pay Rate Change; Reason = Temporary Change in Duties, or paid during the summer on a Summer Service position
- Department Chair positions are ALWAYS set up as zero dollar, and cannot be used to pay a faculty member.
2. At the conclusion of the Department Chair job, remember to remove the pay rate change on the 'Primary Job'
- Action = Pay Rate Change; Reason = Temporary Adjustment End.
- HR - Add Employment Instance (Non-Madison)
- HR - Continuity Status Overview
- HR - HR Report List
- HR - Rehiring an Employee
- HR - View UW Multiple Jobs Summary for an Employee