Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Finance (FN)
FN - Run the Funding Change Report
You can run the Funding Change Report by 7-character appointing Department (e.g. A538500) to view funding adds, changes, deletes; date and time the entry occurred; specific Fiscal Year; the name of the staff person who made the change or the specific batch Finance Fiscal Year End process or SQL (Structured Query Language) process that made the change automatically.
The report lists funding level changes for appointment, position or department level funding from the Funding Data Entry page in HRS. The Funding Change Report can also be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
- HRS Security Role Needed: FI Campus User Funding Reports; also see FN - Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus
- From the HRS Main Menu, navigate to: UW Financial Reports > Funding (CA) Audit Report.
Accessible from the Finance WorkCenter found at Payroll for North America>Payroll Distribution>Commitment Accounting USA>UW Finance WorkCenter. For more information about the WorkCenter, see KB PD - WorkCenter .
Note: The letters "CA" in the screen title refer to Commitment Accounting.
- In the Funding (CA) Audit Report search screen, enter or create a run control. For more information see PD - Setting Up Run Control IDs
In the Funding (CA) Audit Report tab:
a. In the required field for Department ID, enter the entire 7-character appointing Department which starts with your campus alpha identifier (e.g. A538500). If unknown, click on the data look-up icon, and search for valid appointing Department IDs.
Warning: This report does not accept partial appointing Department IDs nor the wildcard character of %. If a partial appointing Department ID is entered (e.g. A53%), the report will run to Success, but produce no results.
b. In the optional Date Parameters section:
(1) Select a Begin Date and End Date for the report -- or --
(2) Leave blank to run the report for the current Fiscal Year begin and end dates.
Note: Fiscal Year 2014 began July 1, 2013, and ends June 30, 2014.
c. In the optional Additional Parameters section, enter one of the following or leave all blank:
- Click the Run button.
In the Process Scheduler Request screen:
a. Select the output file format, such as PDF or CSV
b. Click OK.
- The Funding (CA) Audit Report tab will display again. Click Process Monitor to monitor the status. See PD - Viewing the Process Monitor for more information.
- Click Details > View Log/Trace. The File List section contains the output file in the format you chose. Click on the file name to view the report results.
- The Funding Change Report results open in a new window.
Explanation of Column Headings on the Funding Change Report
- a. Date/Time of Entry: The day/month/year and time (e.g. hours/minutes/seconds), sorted in ascending order, that the funding change was entered on the Funding Data Entry page in HRS.
b. Changed By: The name of the staff person who made the funding change --or-- the specific Fiscal Year End* process that made the funding change.
*A user with a listing similar to “UW_BAT_FI” or “U:PHIRE_SQL” signifies funding that was populated as part of the annual fiscal year end funding process. This process is completed each year in early June. Information specific to each year can be found on the Finance Team’s Fiscal Year End web page: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/administration/finance/.
|Add||New funding row added. This row displays the new funding that was added.|
|Chg (Change)||Existing funding row changed. This row displays the result of the change.|
|Del (Delete)||Existing funding row deleted. This row shows the existing funding that was deleted.|
d. Employee ID: The 8-digit Employee ID for whom the appointment level funding was changed, as listed on the Funding Data Entry page in HRS.
Note: If the Employee ID field is blank, funding changes were made to either Department level funding or Position level funding. (See Employee Name field below).
e. Empl Rcd: The employee's primary or secondary job on which Appointment-level funding changes were made, as listed on the Funding Data Entry page in HRS.
Note: The default value is zero.
f. Fiscal Year: The four-digit fiscal year in which the change occurred, as listed on the Funding Data Entry page in HRS.
g. Employee Name: The name of the employee for whom the Appointment-level funding change was made, as listed on the Funding Data Entry page in HRS.
(1) If the words, "position = [8-digit Position number]" display in the Employee Name field, this represents changes made to Position-level funding.
i. Fund Eff Seq (Funding Effective Sequence): The funding effective sequence number entered as a result of the Add, Change or Delete Action, as listed on the Funding Data Entry page in HRS.
Note: The effective sequence tracks the sequence of changes, when multiple funding records have the same funding effective date; the highest number takes precedence.
j. Fund Status (Funding Status): Represents changes made to the *Status field on the Funding Data Entry page in HRS. The default value is Active.
If the *Status field is changed to Inactive, HRS will ignore all funding rows entered.
k. Fund Seq (Funding Sequence): Represents numbering changes to the *SEQ# field on the Funding Data Entry page, Funding Distribution section in HRS.
Note: HRS automatically renumbers the *SEQ# field, if an entry is made in the ERNCD (earnings code) column on the Funding Data Entry page. (Refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document, FN - Designate Funding for Payroll Earnings Code Differently Than Regular Pay).
l. Funding Combination Code: Changes made to the salary expense funding chartfields (also known as "funding string"), from the Funding Data Entry page, Funding Distribution section in HRS.
For example, the funding combination code 133-538500-4-MSN-PRJ51UR is made up of the following 5 segments:
(1) Fund (3-digit fund code) Example: 133
(2) Funding Dept (6-digit funding department) Example: 538500
(3) Program code (1-character program code) Example: 4
(4) Campus abbreviation (3-character campus abbreviation) Example: MSN
(5) Project, if applicable (7-character Project/Grant ID) Example: PRJ51UR
m. Earnings Code: Represents changes made to the 3-character ERNCD (earnings code) field on the Funding Data Entry page, Funding Distribution section in HRS.
Note: On the Funding Data Entry page, the ERNCD field is used to designate that funding for a payroll earnings code for items such as Retro Pay, Overtime or an Overload, for example, are funded differently than the employee's regular earnings. See HRS KnowledgeBase document FN - Designate Funding for Payroll Earnings Code Differently Than Regular Pay.
n. Fund Dist % (Funding Distribution percentage): Changes made to the Distrib % field on the Funding Data Entry page, Funding Distribution section in HRS.
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- FN - Add or Change Department Level Funding for an Organizational Department
- FN - Add or Change Position Level Funding for Employee Salary Expenses
- FN - Designate Funding for Payroll Earnings Code Differently Than Regular Pay
- FN - Finance Report List
- FN - Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus
- FN - Salary Funding Levels Assigned During Payroll Processing
- HR - HR Report List
- HR - Summary of Campus Codes used in Location / Appointing Department / Academic or Summer Pay Groups
- PD - Setting Up Run Control IDs
- PD - Viewing the Process Monitor
- PD - WorkCenter