Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
Adding Disability and Veterans Information in HRS
OverviewThis procedure will walk you through the steps of entering the disability and/or veteran status information that is obtained from the Employee Self-Identification Form. This data is used for reporting to the State of Wisconsin and the Federal Government
- Please note that the UW-Madison interface from JEMS will NOT update these fields. They will be entered directly into HRS on the Regional, Disabilities and Maintain Military Discharge Date pages.
- If the person is hired through TAM and the individual discloses their disability status, the information will automatically populate if:
- The employee is a new hire
- If the employee already exists in HRS, TAM data will NOT overwrite HR (disability) data.
- If no HR disability data exists for the employee, then TAM will populate the disability fields.
- If the person is not hired through TAM, the HR administrator will enter in this information from page 2 on the UW W4 packet.
Navigate to Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Modify a Person~Regional tab
Add a row. Select the appropriate military status from the drop-down menu.
- Note: If you're updating an employee's existing record, you will need to add a new effective dated row in the History section.
If the Discharge Date is entered on the Veterans Survey section of the Employee Self–Identification Form, enter the Military Discharge Date by clicking the Edit Discharge Date link.
If the employee is a disabled veteran, navigate to the Disabilities page under the Veteran section to select this status (see Disability Status section below for further details).
Note: If the employee only indicates disabled veteran for their veterans status, then only the Disabilities page needs to be updated.
Navigate to the Disabilities Page: Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Disability>Disabilities
Click the Disabled check box.
Click the USA flag. Complete the section.
Enter the employee's Disabled status.
If the employee is a disabled veteran, check the Disabled Veteran checkbox under the Veteran section.