Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
Adding Regional (Race/Ethnicity) Information in HRS
OverviewThis procedure describes how to add employee Ethnic Codes on the Person data/Regional tab. This is used to record demographic information for federal and state reporting.
- An employee may add or change Ethnic Codes using Self-Service.
- Roles needed for this page: HR Ethnicity Update Add Person and HR Ethnicity Update Modify Person.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
InstructionsNOTE: Information contained on the Regional tab is considered sensitive and not all staff will have access to this employee data.
- Navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person.
- Enter the EmplID or name of the employee.
- Click Search.
- If necessary, select the employee from the search results.
- Click the Regional tab.
- Accept the default value of USA in the Regulatory Region field.
If the employee checks "yes" for the question "Is your ethnicity Hispanic/Latino?", click on the magnifying glass look-up for ethnic group and select "HISPA" for Hispanic/Latino.
- If the employee checks "no" for the question "Is your ethnicity Hispanic/Latino?", select the value corresponding to the races checked on the form.
- If more than one race is checked, add a row and select the appropriate code. You may add as many additional rows as needed. You may click on View All to see all the rows at one time. Do not click the Primary Check box. This is not being used by UW.
- If the "Is your ethnicity Hispanic/Latino?" question is not answered and no race is checked, select "NSPEC" for Not Specified.