The UW-Madison faculty consists of all persons with instructional, research and service responsibilities who hold the rank of professor, associate professor, assistant professor, or instructor with at least a one-half time appointment with UW-Madison, or a full-time appointment held jointly between UW-Madison and UW-Extension.
SOURCE: Faculty Policy and Procedures 1.02.A
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
A federal law that establishes labor standards for public and private sector employees. It is enforced by the Wage and Hour Division of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Employee's legal spouse
- Employee’s domestic partner as defined by UW–Madison Domestic Partnership Policy
- Children of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner (biological, adopted, step or foster child or legal ward)
- Grandchildren of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner
- Parents of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner (biological, adopted, step or foster parent, or legal guardian of employee)
- Grandparents of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner
- Brothers and sisters and spouses or domestic partners of the brothers and sisters of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner
- Aunts and uncles of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner
- Sons-in-law or daughters-in-law of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner
- Other relatives of employee or employee’s spouse or domestic partner who reside in the household of the employee
FCOI (Financial Conflict of Interest)
A Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) is a significant financial interest in an entity that could directly and significantly affect the design, conduct, or reporting of federally-funded or human subjects research.
FERPA – the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended – is a federal law that governs the privacy of student educational records, access to those records, and disclosure of information from them. More information about FERPA can be found on the Office of the Registrar website. (FERPA is also commonly referred to as "the Buckley Amendment".)
cut to the edge
strong, styrofoam-like board that printed material is mounted to
bindery term, one or more intentional creases in the paper
A font is a set of printable or displayable text characters in a specific style and size.
Forward to Archive
This is an activity in ARROW that allows the IRB to move a study to the archived state.
Faculty Policy and Procedures. Primary faculty governance policy document. https://secfac.wisc.edu/governance/faculty-legislation/
Free/busy is a determination of whether there is a calendar event in a given time slot. Free designates time slots without events and busy designates time slots that are taken up in a person's calendar. Any account within Office 365 will have the ability to view free/busy information against any other Office 365 account.
Full-time equivalent. A way of counting the number of staff or positions.
FTE (Full Time Equivalent) and Headcount
There are two basic ways that we count the number of employees. When we use headcount, each individual person counts as one employee whether their appointment is full time or part time. When we use "FTE," we are using the "Full Time Equivalent."
The Full Time Equivalent is the total of all positions using the percentage of the appointment rather than the number of individual employees. This is what the headcount looks like for the same employees using each measure:
Employee A - .5 appointment
Employee B - 1.0 appointment
Employee C - .6 appointment
Employee D - .4 appointment
Using Headcount, there are 4 employees
Using FTE, there are 2.5 employees (.5 + 1 + .6 + .4 = 2.5)
Full Mailbox Permissions
Full mailbox permissions can be assigned between any two accounts within UW-Madison's Office 365 environment.
|What can I do with full mailbox permissions?||What can't I do with full mailbox permissions?|
Note: Service accounts have the capability of having delegates linked to them. If linking is used, the delegate will automatically be assigned 'full mailbox' and 'send as' permissions.
See how to manage full mailbox permissions for an account for further details.
Fiscal Year; each fiscal year runs from July 1-June 30.