Kaltura - Creating Manual Playlists
Kaltura is the video portal for instructors, students, and staff across the University of Wisconsin System. Sometimes users want to display multiple videos in a single playlist.This guide explains how to do that in Canvas.
Example of a Playlist
Before a user can set up a Kaltura playlist, the following must be true:
The UWSA DLE Kaltura implementation currently supports manually-created playlists, where the creator has selected each video. It does not currently support rules-based playlists, which automatically select videos based on a set of criteria (all of the videos tagged "kitten," for example).
Creating a Manual Playlist
1) Go to course in Canvas
2) Click Media Gallery in course navigation
3) On top right of the Media Gallery screen, click the hamburger menu, then Edit
4) Click the Playlists tab
5) On the far right of the Playlists page, click Create New, then Manual Playlist
6) Under Set Details, write a title, description, and tags for the playlist
7) Click Add Media
8)Click Add to move videos from Media Gallery list on left to your playlist on right.
9) Click Save
10) Back on the playlists page, click Embed
11) On the Embed Playlist popup, select a Horizontal or Vertical playlist and then copy (ctrl + c) the embed code