There is a problem with a computer or projector in a classroom. What do I do?
What to do if a computer or A/V equipment is not working in a classroom
The best support is to be pro-active. Test your equipment before your
first lecture, and make sure you know how to use the equipment in the
room. If you experience a problem during class, don't leave it for the
next person, call the Help Desk (262-8111), e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org), or fill out a help desk ticket to let us know about the problem right away.
Classrooms with smart podiums – 180, 360
- Call Classroom Support for technical assistance: 890-4900. They are located in the Education Building, room L117.
- Projector problems – there is an emergency projector available at the SHC Help Desk (M376). This is the fastest way to deal with a projector problem.
- Call the Help Desk (262-8111) and press 0 for transfer to the emergency line.
- Open to Nelson Institute students during regular building hours. The entry code may be obtained from the staff in room 70. Assistance and support is available Monday through Friday from 7:45-11:45 and 12:30-4:30.
- Open door hours are 8:00 – 4:00 M-F. The computer support office is in M376a – student hours are posted on the window.
- Nelson Institute faculty - academic support