A description of online tools and links to resources for Canvas, BBCollaborate, and Kaltura Capture
- Canvas / Collaborate -- recommended for centralizing course related materials; materials easily accessible by students; students automatically added
- Pre-recorded lectures -- perhaps the easiest method of alternative delivery of instruction.
- MS Teams -- perfect for small group, or 1-1 meetings.
- Other Resources of possible interest.
Getting Started with Canvas (Canvas Website)
Getting Started with Prerecorded Lectures(Campus Lecture Repository)
- How to Install Kaltura Capture (video) NOTE: It's recommended to do several shorter videos per lecture than a single longer video.
- Getting Started (video)
- Making your recording viewable (video)
Getting Started with Microsoft Teams(Teams Website)
When prompted to log in, use your normal @wisc.edu email address, you'll then be prompted for your NetID and password, followed by your MFA DUO confirmation.
- Download Microsoft Team Application (desktop application) accept default installation options
- Access directly via Chrome (browser based)
- Smart phones and tablets can download from their App Store (application) accept default installation options
- Easy Virtual Calls
- Chat -- spontaneous person to person, or small group
- Schedule a meeting via calendar (has link to share in email)
- Joining a meeting from a link -- It's another school's instructions, references to their email system should be treated as references to the campus email system. It's at https://kb.cvtc.edu/98728
- Shared power point from both presenter and presentee points of view
- The MS Teams site has an excellent collection of under 2 min videos related to creating and join MS Teams calls. NOTE: The campus license PROHIBITS USING A PHONE TO DIAL IN, otherwise the videos are accurate and extremely helpful.
- Quick Chat Calls (MS version) NOTE: The campus license PROHIBITS THE PHONE OPTIONS
- File sharing more than intro
- In depth intro to Teams
Campus Instructional Continuity Page