Webex Productivity Tools: Installation Instructions
This document will highlight the steps needed for installing Webex Productivity Tools successfully on both Windows OS and Mac OS.
Note: If your computer is owned by UW-Madison, please contact your local IT support for help with installing Webex Productivity Tools. The software may be installed and used on personal machines, but should not be redistributed without permission
Getting started information may be found here
- Ensure you've performed Webex Meetings Desktop App: Installation Instructions prior to installing Webex Productivity Tools
- Navigate to the Campus Software Library to acquire the Webex Productivity Tools for Windows OS installation file
- The Campus Software Library download is modified for our University instance of the tool
- The Cisco Webex Meetings site download is not modified for our University instance of the tool
- Close any instances of Microsoft Outlook that are currently open on the target computer
- Navigate to where the downloaded file was placed and double click the file
- Select "Next"
- Accept the license agreement for installation and select "Next"
- Select "Install"
- If you are not an administrator on your machine, you will be prompted to enter administrator credentials after performing this step
- After installation has occurred, select "Finish"
- The computer will now have Webex Productivity Tools installed. This will not need to be repeated for other users of the machine
- Search for "Webex Meetings" from the start menu and run the application
- The application will open with a window prompting for the site URL. This should already be populated with "uwmadison.webex.com". If it is not populated with this value, please enter it in as "https://uwmadison.webex.com"
- Enter in your primary email address and select "Next"
- Further information on primary email addresses may be found here
- Enter your NetID and password. Select "Login"
- Webex Productivity Tools will now be ready for you to use