City of Madison -- Community Event Coordinator / State Street Mall
firstname.lastname@example.org - Madison Events
email@example.com - Kelli Lamberty
(608) 266-6033 -- Kelli Lamberty, Community/Mall Events Coordinator
(608) 266-4711 -- City of Madison Parks Division Administration Office
(608) 267-1162 -- City of Madison Parks
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
City of Madison Parks Division
210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
The Community Event Coordinator provides information on procedures and permits (i.e., amplification and electrical) required to operate on the Capitol Concourse, on State St., and in State Street performance areas (includes podium in 700 block, Link Peace Park, and 30 on the Square (State Street at N Carroll St). Permits are available at the Parks Division in the Madison Municipal Building, Rm. 120, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
(Vendors are handled by a different office, City Treasurer.)
A permit is required for any of the following:
- The event/activity would close or reserve any portion of a Madison street, sidewalk, parking lane or space.
- The proposed time for the event/activity would create more than minimal disruption or rerouting of traffic from the requested street(s).
- The event/activity is scheduled at one of the downtown performance spaces outside of the time periods allowed by an Amplification Permit.
Also coordinates Street Use Permit applications required for events taking place on city streets. These applications are available at the City Clerks Office, 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Rm.103Works with Street Use Staff Team and Downtown Coordinating Committee.