Windows 10 Education for Students
Microsoft offers Windows 10 Education for free to students at certain educational institutions. UW System students can access that software on the Campus Software Library on the Microsoft for Personally-owned Computers page.
- The Education edition has more features than the Home, Pro, and Pro Education editions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart
- Microsoft allows us to distribute only one Window 10 Education key to each student.
- You should receive your key via email within one hour of submitting your request on the Campus Software Library.
- If you've used the key to activate Windows on one computer and you want to change to a different computer, you'll need to contact Microsoft and ask them to reset the key. You can go through this page to contact them: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus
- If you receive an error during activation with your key, only Microsoft can help resolve that. Please go through this page to contact them: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus
Looking for Windows 11? We are not offering that as a standalone download at this time but you can upgrade your Windows 10 download to Windows 11 for free, if your computer is able to run Windows 11.