OutReach LGBT Community Center
Monday-Friday 12 p.m.-7 p.m -- Daily Drop-In
Saturday & Sunday closed, except for group meetings
2701 International Lane, Suite 101
OutReach's mission is to promote equality and quality of life for LGBTQ+ people. OutReach challenges social attitudes and institutional barriers that prevent full participation of LGBTQ+ folks in society. OutReach combined 45 years of serving the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender/queer+ community and their families and friends through a merger of The United and Madison Gay and Lesbian Resource Center in 1998.Educational and informational services include:
- The Earl Greely Memorial Library--lends out books, has magazines and newsletters available.
- Support groups and coming out groups.
- Publication of a monthly calendar of activities and "The Directory," an annual guide to organizations serving Madison's LGBT communities (also available on their web page).
- Out Line, a peer support service staffed by trained volunteers who provide counseling, support and information and referral. Phone and walk-in service as well.
- Also: speakers bureau; employment listings; a housing board; and sponsors various support groups.