DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Create JIRA Records from Service Account Emails
Admins can make their workflow more efficient by having content sent to an O365 Service Account automatically populate a JIRA record within their project. Please follow the steps below to make this happen.
- Create an Office 365 Service Account.
- Email the JIRA Admins through the DoIT Help Desk at email@example.com, including:
- Subject: "I would like emails received at my O365 Service Account to become a JIRA Record"
- JIRA Project Name and Key (example: fsaATLAS/ SPT)
- Service Account email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- What kind of issue type you want to be created (Task, bug, etc.)
- Preferred non-email contact method (Cell phone, office phone, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Upon receiving this email a DoIT JIRA Admin will contact you directly for the Service Account password dedicated to this inbound email queue for JIRA.
- Finally, the JIRA Admin will configure JIRA to check your Service Account inbox for emails to create issues in your Project.
Note: The Shared Tools Team is aware that O365 will be disabling Basic Authentication and using OAuth. While there is currently no alternative in place, this document will be updated as soon as possible. The Shared Tools Team has included this work in their April 2022 Sprint.