Viewing and Updating Dependent Information Using Self Service in HRS
OverviewThis document provides employees with instructions on how to review and update certain dependent information. This is a function available to all University of Wisconsin System employees, and will be accessed via HRS self-service on My UW System Portal.
- Some dependent information can only be updated though the benefits administrator such as date of birth and social security number.
A change may impact a dependent's eligibility, coverage or may require further documentation for proof of change.
Login to My UW System Portal using campus login as described in Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal .
NOTE: access is also available from within HRS: Self Service > Benefits > Dependent/Beneficiary Info
Click Launch full app in the Benefit Information tile.
- Click Dependents tab.
- Click View/Update Dependent Details button.
- Click the dependent to be updated.
- Update/Add information for dependent.
NOTE: to update name, address and phone number, see below
- Click Save.
Update Dependent's Name, Address or Phone Number
- Click the arrow in the field to be changed.
- Update/add information.
- Click Done.
- Update any additional information on the page and click Save.