WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Image Page Element
This document explains how to use the Image page element to add an image or graphic to your pages. Please Note: You can also add images via the Text Block. You are not required to use this feature for imagery.
In this document:
The Image page element allows you to place an image in a two- or three-column content layout and have the UW Theme automatically format and position the image for you. The image can be alone, or can also include a caption beneath it.
- Images with a width larger than the column will be formatted to take up the width of the column.
- Images with height larger than width will take up a larger amount of vertical space. You will want to ensure you have enough content in the opposing column to take up a majority of the space so that you don't have large gaps of white space.
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add an Image.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add an Image.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Image.
Adding the Image will give you these options:
- Add Image: Click here and select your image from your Media Library or upload it from your computer.
- Instructions on how to add media to your Media Library can be found in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Media Library to Add Images or Documents
- Image Caption: This option allows you to decide whether to display the image's caption. The image caption can be set within the Media Library.