Microsoft 365 - How can I lose access to my Microsoft 365 account?
Depending on your affiliation with UW-Madison, you may be assigned an Office 365 account. If your affiliation changes with UW-Madison, you may lose access to your Office 365 account.
Who manages/controls my affiliation with UW-Madison?
- For Faculty/Staff: HR Office
- For Students: Registrars Office
Can my account be deactivated/turned off?
This will depend on your status with the university or the type of account you have.
- All faculty/staff/students have an Office 365 account in the format of NetID@wisc.edu.
- If you are no longer affiliated with university (terminated faculty/staff or inactive student), your account will be processed through the deactivation cycle.
- If you no longer want mail sent to a Faculty/Staff/Student or other alternate address, manage your alternate addresses.
- If the account you are using is an Office 365 Service Account, it can be deleted. Contact your local IT/Domain administrator or the DoIT Help Desk to guide you with this process. Important: If an Office 365 account is deleted, the data associated with it cannot be restored.