Running the Funding Editing Report in HRS
OverviewThe Funding Edit Error Report is a listing of all employees with funding errors for the current payroll.
Corrections need to be made whenever all or part of the funding is going to be charged to Suspense funding (PRSUSP), Default funding (PRDFLT), Position level funding (except employees in A80) and Department level funding (except employees in A96). Priority should be given to fix those employees who have funding in Suspense or have invalid funding. Employees whose funding is being charged to Department level funding are not as critical.
These errors appear on the Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED) notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.
- Each user must add the Funding Edit Errors Pagelet for it to appear on their Home page. For more information on customizing the Home page, see [Link for document 59888 is unavailable at this time.].
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and access is based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if users have the ability to fix them.
- There may be soft warnings that pop-up after clicking the Save button. Please click through these warnings to complete the Save.
- When a user logs into HRS, the Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED) Error Queries appear to the right of the main menu depending on user preferences. (For more information on customizing the Home page, see [Link for document 59888 is unavailable at this time.].) Error Queries appear based on your current security and only when there are errors to fix.
- To filter the results of the Error Query further, options appear below:
Module: filter list of reports based on function, e.g., Absence, Benefits, Finance, etc.
Priority: all queries are listed in High--Medium--Low priority order by default
Business Unit: filter by institution
Dept ID: filter by specific organizational department ID; must enter full alpha + six digit code, e.g., G010000
DeptID (like): filter by a partial Dept ID to capture a larger group, e.g., G0100 or G01.
- Click UW_FI_FUNDING_EDIT Error Query. This query is also accessible from the FLSA WorkCenter, found at Workforce Administration > Job Information > UW FLSA WorkCenter. For more information about the WorkCenter, see KB PD-WorkCenter.
- There are additional filters at the query level to narrow your list:
- Business Unit
- DeptID Like (can enter a partial DeptID - ex. Y2 will bring up all DeptIds that begin with Y2 - Y254000, Y252000, etc. )
- Show Claimed
- Show Completed
- Click the Check to Claim checkbox. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
- Click UW_FI_BDGT_FUNDING link next to the individual you wish to work with. This will open the Budget Funding Data Entry page.
- If there is missing funding, the Search page for the Funding Data Entry page will not display the employee's information. You will need to add a new value to continue.
- If you need to fix the funding, the Search page for the Funding Data Entry page will display the employee's screen pre-populated with their Business Unit, Department, Empl_ID, and Empl_Rcd. Enter the Fiscal Year and Appointment in the Budget Level field.
- For more information on adding and changing Appointment Level Funding, see Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS.
- Return to UW_FI_FUNDING_EDIT Error Query page.
- Click the Completed checkbox. Your name will appear in the Completed By section with the date and time noted.
- Click Home or Return to Dashboard links to return to your Home page and the list of WED error queries.
- [Link for document 59888 is unavailable at this time.]
- The Workflow Exception Dashboard in HRS
- Viewing Funding Edit Errors in HRS
- Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS
- Finance Report List in HRS
- Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus in HRS
- Setting Up a WorkCenter in HRS