Kaltura - Replacing Media (UW-Madison)
This document covers what to do if you need to overwrite a media asset that has been uploaded to MediaSpace with a new one.
If you have a media item that has already been uploaded to MediaSpace and you need to make some changes that require a new version of that asset to be uploaded in its place so that the related media page and embed URLs/links can all remain the same you can use the Replace Media function in Kaltura MediaSpace. Additional information on this feature can be found in Kaltura's documentation on Managing Media - Editing Entries.
NOTE: If you decide to use the "Replace Media" function you'll need to be patient. Using "Replace Media" takes longer than uploading and processing a new file. Wait overnight for long or large files to replace.
To replace a media item:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit.
- Click on the media’s Edit button which looks like a pencil:
- Click the Replace Media tab.
- Click either the Upload from Desktop button or the Upload from URL button. The Upload from Desktop allows you to upload a video file to replace the video with. The Upload from URL button allows you to specify a video online to replace the video with.