Office 365 (iOS 7) - Subscribe to an external calendar
The following document explains how to subscribe to an external calendar using the iOS Calendar app (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch).
Subscribe to a Calendar
Subscribing is done in the iPhone's Settings and not in the iPhone Calendar application.
- In Settings tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- In the Accounts section tap on Add Account...
- On the Add Account... display tap on Other.
- In the Calendars section tap on Add Subscribed Calendar >
- Type or paste in the URL/Address for the calendar you wish to subscribe to (e.g., for a Public Google Calendar, you might use https://email@example.com/public/basic.ics)
Tap on Next in the top-right of the Subscription display. You will see Verifying which, if successful, then will return to the Subscription display.
You may receive a warning "Cannot Connect Using SSL Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" If you do, confirm that the URL you have entered is correct.
If the Verifying process is successful, enter a name for the subscription. The process uses the URL you entered as the default name (which is not exactly useful).
You should check the other options on the Subscription display, e.g., Remove Alarms and then tap on the Save button at the top-right of the Subscriptions display to return to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars display.
Run the iPhone Calendar application and confirm the subscription is functioning:
- Tap on Calendars at the bottom-center of the main iPhone Calendar display.
- Scroll if necessary down to the Subscribed section of the Calendars display and confirm that the new subscription appears and has its view enabled (the checkmark to the left is visible). If not, confirm the subscription in Settings.
- Tap on Done at the top-right of the Calendars display to return to the main iPhone Calendar display and confirm that you see data on a day that is appropriate for the calendar to which you have subscribed.