Directory Search (Mac) - Configuring Apple Mail 10.8 for White Pages
This service can be used to lookup e-mail addresses based on names as they appear in the University Directory Search.
|IMPORTANT:||These procedures have been written for the latest version of this client. If you have problems configuring your client, please update your software to the latest version before contacting the Help Desk.|
|BUG: There is a known bug with some versions of Mail.app which causes a duplication of the middle name within the search result list. This issue has been reported to Apple and there is no workaround at this time. It does not affect the functionality of Mail.app or directory searches.|
- Open Mail.app.
- Go to Mail -> Preferences....
- Select Composing.
- Check the option Automatically complete addresses.
- Click on Configure LDAP....
- Click on the + button. A window called Server Info should appear.
- Enter the following:
- Name: Directory Search
- Server: ldap.services.wisc.edu
- Search Base: dc=wisc,dc=edu
Note: SSL does not need to be checked, Authentication should be set to "None" and User name and Password need not be entered.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
- Close the Mail Preferences pane by clicking on the red close button in the upper left hand corner.
- Mail.app is now configured to use the LDAP server.