Course Grading Bases*
Academic Planning and Institutional Research (APIR) has created a new Program Review KB Topic Library on its new APIR KnowledgeBase site. The content formerly housed on this KB has transitioned to the updated document(s). Please refer to this library for documents that provide an overview of program review, the step-by-step process for five- and ten-year reviews, program review templates (e.g., committee charge memo, self-study report, review committee report, etc.), select resources to support program review, and school/college and university program review contacts.
This new APIR KB site is replacing the former Courses and Academic Programs (aka, Vesta) site in a staged transition. (Note: The Lumen KB remains separate and active and is available from the Quick Link in the left navigation of the APIR KB site.) This new APIR KB will include documents related to academic program planning (degrees/majors, named options, certificates), courses, program review, and academic policy.
- A-F: See Undergraduate Catalog and Graduate School Academic Policies and Procedures
- Credit/No credit: CR/N grading is applicable only if the entire course is to be graded on this basis; individual sections within a course may not have CR/N grading if other sections are to be graded on a letter basis
- Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory: Available for certain graduate-level courses only. See Graduate School Academic Policies and Procedures.
- School of Veterinary Medicine graded option: Available only for School of Veterinary Medicine courses
- Courses with a number ending in 98 (e.g., 198 or 698) are offered on a Credit/No Credit basis.
- Courses ending in 99 are graded A-F.