DoIT Shared Tools - Contact Us
The DoIT Shared Tools team's standard support hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
Shared Tools Available
The Shared Tools team provides the application administration and limited user support of:
- GitLab (git.doit.wisc.edu)
- Jira Software (jira.doit.wisc.edu)
- Confluence/Wiki (wiki.doit.wisc.edu/confluence)
New Users or Group/Project/Space Requests
- GitLab - New Group Request Process
- JIRA - Due to changes in the service, we are no longer creating new projects
- Confluence Wiki - Due to changes in the services, we are no longer creating new spaces
Submit a Support Request
Support requests and inquiries can be submitted to the Shared Tools team by emailing email@example.com.
DoIT Shared Tools is now collaborating with the DoIT Help Desk. Questions or issues about GitLab will initially be processed by the Help Desk and then escalated to the Shared Tools team. You may contact the Help Desk team via email, phone, or chat.
The Shared Tools team strives to reply to:
- Urgent requests within 1-4 hours
- Standard requests within 2-3 business days
The Shared Tools team has office hours two times a month. During office hours, the Shared Tools team can answer GitLab, JIRA, and Confluence questions. Contact us and the team can invite you to our next session or re-occurring events.
- 1st Tuesday from 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. CST
- 3rd Thursday from 1:30 p.m.-2 p.m. CST
Emergency, After Hours, or Holiday Requests
If your request is an emergency, after hours, or on a holiday, contact the DoIT Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Help Desk is available via phone, email, and live chat.
If there is an outage or degraded service, the Help Desk will post an outage and escalate the status of the request with the Shared Tools team. Help Desk representatives will follow an internal escalation process. This includes notifying the the lead technologist(s) and the service coordinator.
Note: The Shared Tools team primarily responds during normal business hours. Outages, degraded service, and emergencies are addressed on an as-needed basis. After being notified of a service disruption the Shared Tools team will make a best effort attempt to restore services as quickly as is feasible and provide updates on the status of the request.