WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Enabling a Public Draft Preview
When building a page in the WiscWeb service, there are times when an administrator or editor would like to share the page or post with external users for feedback before publishing the final product. The Public Post Preview plugin allows that functionality to be used.
In this document:
The Public Post Preview plugin can be activated by site administrators. Read more about self-service plugin activation here: WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Self Service Plugin Activation / Deactivation.
Once the plugin has been activated, you can now create or edit a new draft to generate your shareable link.
- Click Pages in the left menu
- Click Add New at the top of the screen
- Fill out your content, adding a Page or Post Title, and content within the body of the document.
- Click Save Draft to save this page or post.
- Now that you have saved the document, you can create a public draft link by clicking in the checkbox for Enable public preview.
- Share this link as you see fit. Each time this page or post is saved as a draft, the URL will continue to work.
- Please be aware that the public preview of this particular draft will last for 5 days until it expires.
- Once you have finished editing, be sure to Publish your page or post.