SIS/Building Your Schedule of Classes - Editing Variable Credit


This document outlines the how to review variable credit for a particular section/association number.

How to edit variable credit

You can change the units (credits) for a particular section/association number. A class association can only be changed if the Term Update Switch is ‘On” and the class has zero enrollment. These values term roll; therefore, be sure to verify.

Step 1 

From Home, select: Curric & Enroll Rep WorkCenter, Adjust Class Association. The Find page will display.

Tip: Menu navigation: > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Adjust Class Associations.

Step 2

Use the Find page to locate the desired course. The Adjust Class Associations page will display.

Search by:

  • Term

  • Subject Area or Subject Area and Catalog Nbr

Note: Associations of ‘9999’ do not display.

Step 3 

Select |Class Associations| page tab.

Step 4

Change Minimum Units and Maximum Units as needed. The units field will display the new value.

Note: Variable credit courses allow each Associated Class/section to have a separate credit value. Units are restricted by the course catalog setup. Reference the SIS/Building Your Schedule of Classes - Accessing the Course Catalog for more information.

Step 5 

Continue changing units (credits) for all needed section/Association numbers.

Step 6

Select [Save].

Class Associations tab

Class Associations (units), Class Components (honors, optional), and Class Requisites values term roll from the last like term; therefore, be sure to verify these settings prior to enrollment.

Keywords:add, credit, unit, variable, various, sis, student information system, build   Doc ID:118624
Owner:Ellen C.Group:Office of the Registrar
Created:2022-05-20 09:56 CDTUpdated:2022-06-29 14:32 CDT
Sites:Office of the Registrar
Feedback:  0   0