UW-Madison Google Workspace - Google Groups Administration
DoIT’s Google Groups offers a suite of features and functionality to meet your email distribution list needs. UW-Madison's Google Groups Administration site facilitates Google Groups management.
The Google Groups Administration site (https://email.wisc.edu/lists/classes) is a streamlined alternative to manually updating Google Groups.You can manage, create, and add members to different types of Google Groups using the site. Below are resources on how to get started:
Manage a Google Group
- Create a new Google Group: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Create a Google Group.
- Add multiple members to a Google Group: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Add Multiple Members to Your Google Group.
- Search and remove an email address for standard groups you own by using the Member Search within Membership Tools.
Types of Google Groups
- Class Groups: Google Groups generated from course enrollment data from the Office of the Registrar’s Student Information System (SIS). Only owners or managers of a Class Group can see the membership. Learn how to manage and email the Customer Group members here: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Class Groups.
- Custom Groups: Data driven groups based on HR/SIS/Manifest data. Learn how to manage and email the Customer Group members here: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Custom Groups.
- Advisor Groups: Data driven groups based on Registrar data. Learn how to manage and email the Advisory Group members here: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Advisor Groups.