UWEBC Speaker Contract and Payment Process
This document will help the UWEBC Events Coordinator understand the steps to the speaker contract and payment process.
Before the Event
Prepare to Communicate With Speaker
- UWEBC Practice Directors will enter information on the Speaker Dashboard, a shared Excel spreadsheet.
- They will then communicate with the UWEBC Events Coordinator, letting them know the information has been provided.
- The Events Coordinator will review and use the provided information to complete these steps:
1. Draft Email Communication
- Use the provided template to communicate the payment process to the speaker, as it relates to reviewing, signing, and returning the UW Speaker Contract. Along with filling out and submitting a W-9 form.
- Update the email template with the information provided by the Practice Director on the Speaker Dashboard.
- Click here to download the email template.
2. Prepare UW Speaker Contract
- Update the UW Speaker Contract with the information provided by the Practice Director on the Speaker Dashboard.
- Click here to download the fillable contract.
- Save a copy of the updated contract as a PDF in the appropriate folder, using this naming convention:
3. Share W-9 Form
- Share a current version of the W-9 Form with the speaker.
- Click here to download Rev. October 2018 version of W-9 Form.
- Completed W-9 Forms may include a Social Security Number. If they do, speakers are encouraged to FAX or mail their form.
- FAX: 608-263-3160
Interdisciplinary Professional Programs
University of Wisconsin- Madison
432 North Lake Street, Room 725A
Madison WI 53706
Communicate With Speaker
- The Events Coordinator will share contract and payment information with the speaker via email. They will cc the Practice Director on the email.
Share Reviewed and Signed Contract with Accounting
- Upon receipt of the reviewed and/or signed contract, the Events Coordinator will email a copy to InterPro Accounting at email@example.com. The Events Coordinator will cc the Practice Director on this email.
- InterPro Accounting will send the contract to UW-Madison Purchasing for their review and signature and to process an eternal requisition, if needed.
Receive Countersigned Contract from Accounting
- UW-Madison Purchasing will send a countersigned contract back to InterPro Accounting.
- Accounting will forward the countersigned contract to the Events Coordinator, so they can share a copy with the speaker. The Events Coordinator will cc the Practice Director on this email.
- A copy should also be saved in the appropriate folder, using this naming convention: ____.
After the Event
- The UWEBC Events Coordinator will ask the contracted speaker to send an invoice after the event. The Events will cc the Practice Director on this email.
- Upon receipt, the invoice will be emailed to InterPro Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org, so the payment can be processed.