UCCX 12.5 - Finesse Log in Errors
How to troubleshoot problems logging into Finesse
Please take note of your error. The two most common errors seen are:
No devices found - This error means that Finesse could not connect your phone. Here are possible reasons:
- You typed in your extension incorrectly. Your extension must be in the format +1608XXXXXXX. You must include the +1 in front of your 10-digit extension. Also, check to make sure the number matches the number on your phone.
- Extension Mobility Users - You are not logged into your telephone. Please make sure that you can see your agent extension on the telephone display.
- Jabber Users - You are not logged into Jabber. Please make sure that you are logged into Jabber. If you are logged into Jabber, try resetting (not restarting) your Jabber client. Cisco VoIP - Resetting Jabber
- Telephone Users - Make sure that your telephone is plugged in and showing your agent line on the phone
Incorrect username or password. Try again. - This error means that the system does not recognize your NetID or NetID password. Here are some possible reasons:
- Your NetID and NetID password are case sensitive. Your NetID must be in all lowercase.
- You must use your NetID password not the password for logging into the phone.
- Instead of using your NetID, you are using credentials for other departments sites. Your NetID is what you use to look at your pay stubs. If you are unsure of your NetID password, see NetID - Changing a Password
- You are trying to log into a Finesse site that is not the UW-Madison site. Please use this URL: https://nsas-pccx-01.doit.wisc.edu:8445/desktop/container/?locale=en_US
If none of these steps helped you, please email the DoIT Help Desk. Please attach screenshots of your error.