Eloqua - Adding new subscribers to a Segment
By adding one filter, you can ensure new subscribers are included on your Segment.
In addition to any contacts you uploaded to a segment or added via Shared List, you will want to add any subscribers that have opted into your Email Groups. To do this, add a dynamic filter to your segment.
- Open your segment by going to Audience > Segments (or create a new segment).
- Click the + button in the lefthand panel of the page:
- On the right side of the page, you'll see a list of filter criteria:
- Scroll down and select Subscribed to Groups:
- Double-click the light blue bar on the canvas that says Subscribed to Groups:
- A pop-up window will appear.
- In the first dropdown menu, search for the Email Group you want to select.
- Click Add to ensure the Group appears in the list.
- Ensure the second dropdown says as of now, not a date.
- Click the Save button to save your changes and refresh your Segment's contact count.
Now your Segment will include any subscribers that were not on your list upload!
Note: You do not need to add a filter to remove unsubscribes. Eloqua will automatically remove any contacts who have unsubscribed from the Email Group attached to your Email.