Testing new software remotely via Xen
How to Xen to remotely access a CAE computer to test new software
THIS METHOD IS ONLY FOR TESTING SOFTWARE ON THE CAE LAB COMPUTERS IN PREPARATION FOR THE FALL 2021 SEMESTER. DUE TO MICROSOFT LICENSING REQUIREMENTS, THERE WILL NOT BE REMOTE ACCESS TO CAE LAB MACHINES FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY OR STAFF AFTER AUGUST 31, 2021.
1. Navigate to https://remote.engr.wisc.edu/vpn/index.html and log in with your CAE credentials.
2. You may be prompted to detect Citrix Receiver. Please click "Use Light Version"
3. You should now see the normal XenApp window. Click "Desktops" at the top of the screen.
4. Click on "CAE Lab - Fall 2021 Test"
5. A new window will open, showing logon progress. This will end up being a full CAE Desktop. Please test any/all software that will be used in your class, and let us know if there are any issues.
6. When you are finished testing, please be sure to log out as you normally would. (Start-->CAE Logo-->Sign Out). This should close the window.